Our curriculum is prepared and planned in accordance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The pre-school provides daily session plans, and weekly, half-termly and termly curriculum plans. Daily session plans are tailored to meet the individual child’s needs. A copy of the half-termly curriculum plan is sent to parents so that children may be encouraged to participate by bringing in items for ‘show and tell’ and for the interest table.
You can download your Early Years Foundation Stage Parents Guide here.
Click here for a copy of the current Pre-School Prospectus.
Our Curriculum Includes:
- Activities which promote independence, i.e. practising taking off shoes and coats in preparation for school
- Music – identifying rhythms and tones
- Activities which improve listening skills
- Lateral thinking games
- Complex construction toys, i.e. big builder Meccano and providing simple motor skills, mathematics, problem solving strategies, etc
- Discovering science – sinking, floating, measuring and weighing
- Letter and number skills leading to simple word recognition and simple sums
- Team games using physical skills, learning to work together as a team, taking turns and sharing
- Complex puzzles, jigsaws and board games
- Drama and active participation of story-telling to promote self confidence and communication skills
- 1:1 activities providing the essential learning skills required for school
Autumn 2019 Planning – First Half Term - All about me!
The latest Ofsted report for Marlow Bottom Pre-School CIO can be found by clicking the button below.